Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Se7enism, 5ivntology, Tw0atholicism.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. " Chapter 13, verse 11

interesting way to look at things indeed.
my problem is that in a world where the infinite possibilities each day holds should stagger the mind, the sheer number of experiences I could have is uncountable, breathtaking even, and i have people here telling me that what im doing with my life is... unacceptable. its not "the way things are supposed to go." "you go to school, you get out then you go to college, after college you get a job and you raise a family. thats the rules thats how it works." well not me. i refuse to live trapped in loops, reliving a few days over and over, and envision only a handful of paths laid out before me.

--fuck this cookie cutter mold bullshit.

In the beginning, when i was a child, anything i could dream was possible 10 seconds later without a doubt. i thought as a child. in my opinion
dreams are childish things... thats where and when we perfect them right? well im not putting mine anywhere. mine are far too valuable to be kept apart from me for even the most minuscule amount of time. back then i spoke as a child as well... i said what i wanted when i wanted, thats the way things worked for me back then. understanding went the same way, people said things to me, i questioned them accordingly and acted.

u know what... all im tryna say is... We see the same things every day, we respond the same way, we think the same thoughts, each day a slight variation on the last, every moment smoothly following the gentle curves of societal norms.



And no, I don't have all the answers. I don't know how to jolt myself into seeing what each moment could become as well as i did back then. But I do know one thing: the solution doesn't involve watering down my every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of some day easing my fit into a mold. It doesn't involve tempering my life to better fit someone's expectations. It doesn't involve constantly holding back for fear of shaking things up.

This is very important, so I want to say it as clearly as I can:
We're The Grown-Ups Now, And It's OUR Turn To Decide What That Means.

my childish things are up in that tree over there, last one to the top has to do paperwork for the rest of the day!





----------------
Now playing: Common - Go
via FoxyTunes

No comments: